Sunday, May 15, 2011

Vacation And More

Hey everyone, hope all is well.

As for me, I'm doing good, and to answer Robert's question in my last post, the reason that we still have around a month left in the season is because of the post season. Our league starts around the same time as the N.B.A give or take a couple of days, and usually also ends around the same time.

Since my last post, not just the Lakers got knocked out, but also the Celtics, which was a disappointing for me, since I like their team and coach and dislike the Heat, but I guess it's not up to me. Nothing left but just to wait and see what happens from here.

On other matters, I started writing about my vacation plans last time around. So now I already have my destination and the time till the vacation is getting shorter.

I'm really excited, just as I am every year, just to let everything go, not have to think too much about what to do, no practice, no games, no press, no resting, no eating right, just doing whatever I feel like.

The thing that is bothering me, and that's after what happened couple years ago is what while happen if? If again, I fall for someone like the guy I wrote about a couple of months ago.

So far everyone I ever had feelings for turned out to be a teaser, someone that in the end only made me feel worst than I did before we met, so why should the next guy be any different?

I don't have control over who I fall for and I'm worried about history, the last time out I really got hurt and it really sucked, but on the other side I don't know what I can do to prevent it.

I can say I'm just looking to enjoy myself, but I already have learned that I don't really control my feelings, it's not a computer that I can just turn on and off.

I guess I will just try to have as much fun as possible, if I get myself into another situation with a guy I meet I will have to start thinking what to do. Even though last time it happened I couldn't do any logical thinking.

Everything was based on my emotions and heart and that resulted in a real bad couple of days during the vacation and a couple of bad weeks after it.

However, since I don't have any bright ideas I will just wait and find out what this summer has in store for me.

On a completely different note, I saw Sean Avery video regarding him supporting gay marriage, I think it's great and all the credit to him for doing this.

The thing I can't understand is those agents and players who tweet or facebook or write something negative towards this campaign or anything on the gay subject.

I don't mean that in a sense that they aren't allowed to voice their opinion, but the thing is that today it's very important for everyone who is dealing with the media to seem liberal and to be open minded, It's a kind of trend.

I'm not saying that everyone really believes in it, but it's the fashion now, it's fashionable to support gay subjects and it makes for good press. That's way without being too harsh, it's just really stupid of those people who are voicing their negative thoughts out in the open, they either get real bad press, lose clients or get fired.

Basically I mean, even if you aren't for it, just keep your mouth closed, and if you don't, well I guess you are going to pay for it.

I don't really mind if the press and everyone else is being a hypocrite in a sense and just taking "our" side on the issues and trying to show how much progress is being made.

Even if they don't really meant it, the publicity is good for us and for the gay rights and it sends out a message on what's acceptable and what's not.

3 comments:

  1. I thought of you when I read the news of former Villanova player Will Sheridan and the Phoenix Suns CEO Rick Welts coming out. I'd love to see your thoughts in a post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here is the article about Will Sheridan. It's a great read:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=oneil_dana&id=6488036.
    (Sheridan played for Villanova when they were #! and even in Italy for a year. Do you know him?}

    Also, of course, Sir Charles has something to say about all this. You can read his comments here: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6563128.

    And don't worry about your vacation. Go and have a good time.

    robt

    ReplyDelete
  3. here is another interview Will Sheridan had with Outsports:

    http://www.outsports.com/os/index.php/component/content/article/54-coming-out-stories-that-have-appeared-on-outsports/377-will-sheridan-talks-about-being-gay-and-a-basketball-player-and-now-a-role-model

    ReplyDelete