Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saying Hello

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well, I stopped by my blog and saw that nothing has been written in 4 months so I decided to check in.

To be honest it was kind of nice to look at my blog through the blogger website and check out some of the stats, to see that people from Saudi Arabia have taken a look at my blog, same from Morocco and other countries I didn't expect to have followers from. I wish they would have emailed me and that I would have gotten the chance to talk to them, but that's also heart warming.

Not a lot has changed in the last couple of months, I was excited to watch Obama win again, I must admit I stayed up almost all night to make sure he is doing ok. It was also great to see that all votes regarding gay marriage or gay issues won in the ballot, which is a first and a great step forward. 

Now I just need to find someone to marry and i'm all good :). As for my personal life? things aren't going as I wished, I mean, i'm going out, having fun, enjoying myself and not caring too much about being recognized or if someone will see me, but also didn't meet anyone special.

I met a really nice guy around a month ago, we met a couple of times and it was really great, but I think he got a little nervous that things might be getting serious and got cold feet, he is also younger than me, it was a little disappointing, but that's life i guess.

As for the guy that visited me and I visited him after, Tom, we haven't spoken since the "break up" or whatever you wish to call it. I most be honest and say that he hasn't come up too much and I haven't really missed him. I still feel that i'm usually attracted to the guys that aren't ready for anything serious or that will say that they aren't interested. 

Also I still have a tough time finding people that approach me in bars to be attractive, but I guess i'm still a work in progress, I also find it that it's harder for me to hit on people in parties here than when I'm vacation, guess on vacation I don't think about consequences and just act, not like I feel over here.

Since basketball season is in full swing I get a chance to go out only once in a couple of weeks. I try to go only to parties that are exactly they type of parties that i'm sure I will enjoy. Sometimes people recognize me and ask a question here or there, but I guess most gay guys don't really follow sports, lucky me.

About the sports world and the gay part of it, it's nice to see a lot of straight players stand up for gay rights and basically human rights and it always gives me and i'm sure others a good feeling. About a gay athlete coming out while playing? it's a tricky question, as someone told me, we won't get a heads up, when it happens it will just happen, the sooner the better.

As for my basketball side, things are going well, the team is doing OK, not amazing, but I think we are getting and will get better with time and i'm also happy with my part so far, so I hope it continues to go well.

Guess that's it for now, still nice to get emails and be in touch with people, so feel free to do so if there is anything on your mind, enjoy your weekend.


6 comments:

  1. im glad to hear you are doing alright! keep up the hard work playing and keep us posted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing I got bored and decided to check your blog; you hadn't written anything in so long, I thought maybe something had happened. Finding a guy is tough for all of us lol; at least you can still get paid to ball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, you still out there? would love to hear your response to the news... is it you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...I know you have heard the news... your opinion? We are still out here for you...

    ReplyDelete