Saturday, January 28, 2012

Time To Say Goodbye

Hey everyone, hope you are enjoying your weekend and that the weather is not too bad.

I haven’t written in the last ten days, so better late than never. I’m doing well, feeling good with where I’m going in my personal and pro career. I mean there hasn’t been any major change in the last two weeks, but I just feel that my life is going in the right direction. Not sure if it will get there in a year or more, but I have a feeling it will.

I have been thinking about my blog and where does it go from here. I remember starting this blog as a frightened man, someone who didn’t know where his life would go and being afraid to a certain point to get in touch with other gay men and have a real conversation, even if it’s an online one.

However this blog changed everything, I found new friends and I found people to share my life with. While it wasn’t with my identity or too many details, I had the chance to write what I really felt and be accepted for it.

When I started the blog I was just at the start of my development as a person and as a gay man and this blog walked me through it, through meeting new people and hearing from others and reading about their personal stories and their life’s wisdom.

Two years later, with 112 posts on my belt, 135 followers and a lot of new internet friends I feel that the goal that I started this blog for was reached. I can never really know when it’s time to stop and when I should call it a day, but my heart tells me that it’s around here somewhere, in the winter air.

What I do know that it will be hard for me to stop posting and I will miss the comments and people’s opinions, but I do know that nothing in life is ever final, besides death of course, but luckily we are talking about positive things.

I might miss it so much that I will get back to writing, but for now I just feel that I put my heart into this blog , shared my feelings and my worries, my hopes and even my dreams and I fulfilled my “mission” and the reason I started this blog for.

I do know one thing for certain; I will still check my email every morning, and I will still be more than happy to get new emails and to hear from all my friends and all the people that I met through this blog and because of this blog. I might sometimes get back to you after a couple of days and not straight away, but believe me that I will always be reading.

To say even more, I would be very happy if people that just commented on the blog or just read and do feel like they want to keep in touch in some sort of way will do it through my email, which is just to remind everyone : anonymous.baller20@gmail.com

Before I call it a day, I just really want to thank each and every one of you that read the blog, commented on it, or just passed by on the way. It means a great deal to me and it was the thing that kept me going in bad days, the notion that I always had the blog to turn to and people to tell my
stories to.

So I guess this is goodbye for now, thanks again for everything and have a great weekend.


6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your posts. Thank you for allowing us to share in your life! Good luck with your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Baller. Gonna miss your posts =( Def. gotta stay in touch with me.

    GDUSA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I haven't been following your blog all that long, but I found it really interesting. Sad to see you go. Best of luck to you, I'm glad blogging was helpful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All things have their time. Sometimes it's neccesary to end one thing to take new steps in your life. I hope your feeling that it's the right time to stop blogging is true and those new steps will come for you.

    I enjoyed reading, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes, and good luck in all you do.

    ReplyDelete