Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Friends And I

Hey Again

It took me a little time to think about my post today, but eventually I found what I was looking for :)

In a couple of my posts I talked about telling my parents and brother and meeting a couple of guys, but never really said too much about my friends and if any of them know. Well It's as good as time as any.

Of course my parents were the first to know, besides of course any trips or vacations that I took, but the guys there didn't know my story. After telling my parents and sister I decided to tell one of my best friends.

He is someone that I have known for a long time and we always got along great, he never seemed to be to much on stereotypes and always seemed pretty easy going in a sense that I was sure he wouldn't care too much.

Glad to say I was right, we met for lunch and I decided that it would be the best time to tell him, he heard what I had to say and he made little or no issue out of it, I'm sure that he didn't have a clue before, but he didn't seem to care, for him I was the same friend and same guy I was before.

Even though we don't live in the same place, I feel free to tell him anything that I feel, about any guys I met or any thoughts I'm having, since it's not really issues that I want or think I should share with my family, he is the one I have to tell, hear and think out loud with.

I have another friend, a good one, that knows I'm gay, he is a different story though, he is a guy I met in my younger days while I was still going online once in a while to those dating sites. Nothing romantic came out if it, guess we are different types, but we kept in touch, at least once in a while for sometime, something I'm not really used to.

After a couple of months we met for lunch and we hit it off in a friendly kind of way, I felt he was a genuine good guy, someone I could trust. slowly I opened up more and felt free to also share with him my thoughts, my story and what ever I have on my mind. Not like me, he goes out,goes on dates and just lives his life, so I can at least hear from him how the gay life is, better something than almost nothing.

I'm happy to say that those friends really follow my career and never forget to let me know when they hear good news or when they think I need cheering up. It's nice to have someone that knows all aspects of my life and I can be sure that he will keep it to himself since he has only my interests at heart.

There are a couple of guys that I tried dating, like I wrote in one of my posts, I guess they also know about me, but I haven't met them in a long time, and I have moved on to different venues and different places, but I believe in the goodness of people. I at least believe that they are keeping the news to themselves since I believe they have more important things to deal with.

I guess I can say that there are about five people (my family and two friends) that I keep in touch with and really know me, as for the rest, I can only imagine.

Not to finish without a song, this one is a favorite of many people I'm sure, so it doesn't make me special, it doesn't have anything to do with been gay, but it can symbolize the basketball season and the adventures that every season and every place brings:

Another turning point;
a fork stuck in the road.

Time grabs you by the wrist;
directs you where to go.

So make the best of this test
and don't ask why.

It's not a question
but a lesson learned in time.

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post and the song is special to me as well. I should get it for my iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey baller, enjoyed reading your post and glad your best friend was so cool and the reactions were all solid. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete