Friday, October 1, 2010

Dating A Girl

Hey, hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and getting some rest.

I was thinking about what to write this time and I remembered my early days and thought it would be a good idea to tell you and remind myself of those earlier days.

At high school I was just a regular kid, I was popular because of basketball, but nothing too special. Even though I had basketball I was never the type that went out on dates and too many events that had to do with girls and things of the sort.

I think that I wasn’t sure about my sexuality even then. I mean I knew I was different, I knew I didn’t like girls like everyone else, but I really didn’t know what it meant , and in general I think I was a late bloomer.

Then towards the end of my high school days a friend of mine played matchmaker and set up a date for me, with a girl none the less . We went out to a restaurant, it was nice, after that we went back to her house. Since the parents were home we sat and talked outside, we kissed and fooled around, but I didn’t feel anything special.

I was also shy and didn’t feel comfortable, I felt like I was doing what I was supposed to, but not what I wanted to. Needless to say that that was the last date I ever had with a woman. I did have that one time that I had sex with a girl, I know, it’s not supposed to happen, but I’m only human, but on a more serious note, It just happened, it was the first and last time, wasn’t fun at all, but I think I wanted to make sure that it wasn’t really what I wanted.

The next time that anything happened was the first time I had sex with a guy, I’m sure I wrote about it in the posts in the beginning of the blog. It felt different, I can’t say it felt right, because it took me some time to come to terms with everything and really feel comfortable enough to enjoy it.

Between the date and the first time I had sex with a guy there wasn’t too much I could do. I was playing basketball and couldn’t exactly go on dates or be seeing out, so I had the internet to help me come to terms with my sexuality. I think I couldn’t deny it anymore, and I guess like a lot of people, the way for me to enjoy myself and to let my mind run wild was the internet, where I was anonymous and a different person.

Since then I have moved on and so is life, I become able to go on vacations and enjoy life and the way I wanted to live life a little more, and I’m sure that that’s the path that will lead me in the upcoming years. That’s more or less the story of my high school days, at least with regards to girls :).

Regarding songs, I stopped posting them on here, but I heard a new one not too long ago, and it was really nice so I wanted to share, it’s Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow and the song is called shame and talks about a gay couple:

Well there are three versions of this story, mine, and yours and then the truth.
And we can put it down to circumstance our childhood then our youth.
Out of sentimental gain I wanted you to feel my pain,
But it came back return to sender.

I read your mind and tried to call,
My tears could fill the Albert hall.
Is this the sound of sweet surrender?

What a shame we never listened.
I told you through the television.
And all that went away was the price we paid.
People spend a life time this way.
Oh what a shame.

So I got busy throwing everybody underneath the bus.
Oh, and with your poster 30 foot high at the back of Toy-R-Us.
I wrote a letter in my mind but the words were so unkind about a man I can't remember.

I don't recall the reasons why.
I must have meant them at the time.
Is this the sound of sweet surrender?
What a shame we never listened.

I told you through the television.
And all that went away was the price we paid.
People spend a life time this way and that's how they stay.

Words come easy when they're true.
Words come easy when they're true.

So I got busy throwing everybody underneath the bus.
Oh, and with your poster 30 foot high at the back of Toy-R-Us.
Now we can put it down to circumstance our childhood then our youth.

What a shame we never listened
I told you through the television
And all that went away was the price we paid
People spend a lifetime this way
And that’s how they stay
Oh what a shame.
People spend a lifetime this way
Oh what a shame
Such a shame, what a shame

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to go look up this song.

    Dating girls never felt right to me either, just something that was expected so I did it. But the first time with a guy felt right, even if I barely knew him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm still have the problem of my friends setting me up with girls. Always so awkward, and I seem like an asshole when I don't show any attraction to the girl. I'm not out and don't plan on it anytime soon, so my friends don't know what's wrong with me. Guess eventually they'll figure it out.

    ReplyDelete