Monday, March 22, 2010

Go With The Flow

Well, first of all I want to thank all those who left a comment or emailed me, it's always a great pleasure to hear other people sharing the thoughts and wishes they have. Along with all the nice complements and kind words that always put a smile on my face, I will remember it when I start writing a book :)

I can say that while I'm sitting down and writing this post I have no idea where it's headed and I don't really have any topic on my mind, so I will just go with what over comes out.

I already mentioned that like the NBA and most leagues around the world we are slowly heading to the deciding stages of the season, and it's always a fun time. like any other competitive sports there is a reason they always say you are as good as your last game, in this case maybe it's not a game, but it's a period of time and we are heading there.

The later parts of the season usually show a team's true character, cause suddenly the pressure is much bigger and everyone around , of course usually the players are the one who show it the most.

The players begin to be nervous and under pressure because everyone wants to bring achievements to his team and be known as a player that can contribute in the money time.

Through the years I slowly found out that each one deals with things differently, some show the same ability and behave the same, some find it hard and either close themselves out or just don't play the same level of basketball they used to, and of course there are some who raise and shine at the money time, I guess a guy by the name of Michael Jordan is a good example :). Guess it would be up to other people to say what kind of a player I am, so i'm sure to ask them for an answer, I will just tell them I need it for my blog,lol.

Leaving basketball aside, I'm starting to get excited about the yearly vacation, there is still time to go and there is still things that need to be decided, but just the thought of it gets me excited.

I'm already waiting for the first party I go out to, it's kind of the opening of summer, or as I described it, my 10 days of letting the other person in me have it's due time.

I'm waiting just to step in a pub, get a drink and sit back and enjoy looking at other guys, dance, get drunk or whatever I feel like, without needing to think basketball or to care if anyone is looking or if anyone knows who I am. Just to relax and take a load off after a long time that I played nice :).

Like I said before, since we are headed to the last period of the season, I guess it's always fun to enjoy the most action filled couple of months before I go on vacation, it's just lets me put all I got in this period and knowing that my "prize" is waiting just around the corner.

Not forgetting the gay side of this blog, I had a discussion about the Ohio state coach interview and his acceptance of gays, I don't remember if I mentioned this, while I appreciate what he had to say, I know that there are a lot of coaches out there who think differently and for them gays shouldn't be involved in sports or it least not on their team.

If you take a look at NBA coaches, just as an example of course, most of them used to be players, just like me and just like others, so I guess they come from the same back round and same homophobic locker rooms and natural responses of a lot of athletes.

I'm not saying that all NBA or sport coaches are homophobic, I'm sure that a lot wouldn't mind, I'm just saying that there are a lot of opinions also on this subject. It might be a subject worth a discussion, I still remember some of the comments about John Amechi coming out, for example Tim Hardaway and likes, for me those are just primitive and homophobic people, but unfortunately there are a lot of them.

Finishing off with a couple of sentences from a nice quite song :

It's like I've waited my whole life for this one night
It's gonna be me you and the dance floor
'cause we've only got one night (one night)
Double your pleasure
Double your fun and dance
Forever (ever, ever)

Maybe instead of one night I should write down ten :)

3 comments:

  1. Cool with go with flow post! Hope your season is going well and you guys win. I do want to be mentioned in your book since we emailed each other. lol jk.

    That's exciting about your vacation coming up. Drunk nights plus guys u can't go wrong there. Forgetting everything and just relaxing u can't beat that. Look forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude, just found your blog. It's a pretty fun read bro. I'm gonna try and catch up on your entries. Good luck with your season and hit up my blog sometime.
    Cash

    ReplyDelete